3/25/2011

Spring Has Sprung!

Welcome Spring!  You have been missed.  Well, not you, Pollen. 


I've learned lately that cake decorating is kind of a "feast or famine" venture... you're either not doing a thing but practicing and sending treats to your husband's co-workers, or your drowning in a sea of batter and icing and dirty dishes!  The past week was the feast... and I'm proud to say I think I did some awesome work in the past 4 days!

See??  My refrigerator is full.  Proof that I've been busy!

Anyway... back to stuff I've done....

 Birthday cakes for Tara and Daddy!  (Check out my new product labels on the box!  Cool, huh?)
 Tara requested a strawberry-flavored Tiffany box.  And that's what she got.  Because my sister rocks and I'd give her the world if I could.  Until then, I'll just give her cake.  I was especially proud of the pearlized ribbon and pearls... I heart luster dust!
Daddy's cake was also shaped to be a present.  Yellow cake with funfetti filling and buttercream frosting.  Watch your eye tho!  Those fondant curls can get sharp on the ends!

 This little gem is for a highschool friend of mine.  She and her hubby are expecting a baby in a few months and are revealing the gender of the baby to his family this weekend!
After Kara mentioned that the cake is actually supposed to be a birthday cake with the gender color-coded inside, I had to make a few adjustments.  No biggie!  Glad I got before and after shots, tho.  I'll let you know what color it is after the big reveal!

 Finally, we get to the Italian themed wedding shower package.  Remember the couple I did the engagement cake for?  Well, I was commissioned to do a small cake and cupcakes for their wedding shower this coming Sunday as well.  The theme is rustic Italy, since they are taking their two-week long honeymoon in Italy! (so very jealous, btw)  The cake is vanilla with whipped chocolate creme filling and vanilla buttercream frosting and decorations.
 The cupcakes for the guests are also vanilla cake, and are filled with the whipped chocolate creme.  Topped with vanilla buttercream frosting and decorations, including grape bunches and Italian words for "love", "i love you", "wife", "honor", and "faith".
Ahhh, that buttercream tastes just like homemade vanilla ice cream.  Loves.


So that's what I've been up to over the past week.  April should be fun... I'm doing an anniversary cake for my parents and a birthday cake for Preston C.... then Hubs and I are celebrating 1 year of wedded bliss!  Pat us on the back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment