12/23/2010

Izzi Adkins' 3rd Birthday

Izzi Adkins turned 3 on December 18, and to help her celebrate, her mommy and daddy asked me to decorate a cake and cupcake to match her Ladybug Oh So Sweet birthday theme.  This was so much fun to create!!

The cupcakes for the little party-goers were white cake with vanilla buttercream frosting swirled to look like flowers.  I made them in green cupcake wrappers to resemble leaves... this is me getting crafty!  The ladybugs on top were handmade out of fondant.  Izzi's mommy, Stephani, was delighted that they were edible!  Don't want any little partiers gnawing on plastic  ;-)
The larger cake for the adult attendees was a strawberry cake with strawberry filling, and pink buttercream frosting.  The big ladybug on top was cut out of fondant and pieced together like a puzzle... tedious, but I loved the final look of it!  Izzi's daddy, Chris, sent me a picture afterwards.... I'd say everyone liked it!

Izzi is going to be a big sister in about 4 weeks... can't wait to help their family celebrate in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment